Memorial day has come and gone and that means one thing, Sunday football is soon upon us, Shake off winter and stretch those legs as full field outdoor is almost here. This year has a few changes and new faces in the mix, schedules are now up on the site but some updates are still needed that should be completed shortly. Please check back at www.smusl.com for all information pertaining to games as well as the league, and be sure to have new players go to the website and register so the may receive updates pertaining to games and the league.
SMUSL now has a page on Face book here https://www.facebook.com/pages/SMUSL/618300378257855 , be sure to head over there and add us, talk smack, post embarrassing pictures of each other, whatever.
Lastly, a reminder of some of the new updates to the league as well as some the standards.
• There are new board of directors for contact info. Please make your way to the about section of the site for more information and also take note of the great effort those in the past have done to help push the league along this far.
• League dues are due in full by the first game. Failure to do so results in a forfeit and a 3-0 loss.
• Every team is allowed two under 30 players on their squad in total. Players turning 30 in the calendar year are not to be considered under 30 as are keepers not to be considered under 30. The grandfathered in clause is to be dropped with this new rule.
• Every team is to submit to the league a roster no later than the first game. Rosters need to be finalized by August 10th with a maximum of 30 players allowed, after August 10th no changes are allowed.
• Team captains are to have a roster with picture I.D.s for every player on the field at every game, this I.D. should contain the date of birth of the player, any other information can be crossed out. This should match what the league has on file, If the league or a team does not have a roster submitted and in hand, the game is to be determined a forfeit resulting in a 3-0 loss.
• Game scores to be submitted to the league by the refs after every game.
• Game stats to be collected by team captains and be submitted to the league after every game.
Please take note the first two match days of the season are to be held all day at Gorham USM. This is a new turf field added this year in lieu of playing on grass, all fields and directions are under the about section of the site. Be sure with all fields that you leave them as you received them, do not leave garbage behind, do not treat them anything unlike you would your own home. We rent these fields and would like the right to keep using them for years.
Good luck and have a great season all!